There are two different types of user roles in Ping; user and administrator. An administrator will have access to all functionality to be able to manage all aspects of the Ping site. Users can be given additional functionality through the assignment of user privileges.
The following user privileges are available:
|systemAlerts||Allows the user access to system alerts functionality to create and receive system alert notifications.|
|broadcastAlerts||Allows the user access to create broadcast and managed shared alerts which are sent to users with either a standard or a broadcast license.|
|broadcastNotification||Allows the user access to create and manage broadcast notifications. These are manually created notification messages that can be sent to a user group.|
|shareAlerts||Allows the user to be able to share alert records they have created with other users. This functionality makes a copy of the alert record that the recipient will take ownership of when they accept.|
|customNotifications||Allows the user access to manage custom notifications at the alert level. This has been restricted as it requires a level of knowledge of HTML and CSS.|
There are two ways to assign user privileges:
- Navigate to Admin > User Management > User Priveleges (you will need to be logged in as an administrator or the super admin to view this menu)
- You will see a table that identifies the user privilege types available with a count to help you see what has been assigned.
- Click on the edit (pencil) icon of the user privilege type you wish to assign users to.
- The next page will show you two lists of users, on the left those who have not been assigned this privilege and on the right those who are already assigned.
- Select those users you wish to move, use the search to find users easily.
- Click on the direction arrows to move them from one list to the other.
- When complete click on update.
Continue to assign users to other license types as required.
Note: a user does not need to be assigned to both a broadcast and a standard licenses. A standard license user can receive broadcast alerts as part of their license.
An alternative approach to assigning user privileges is to do this at the user level directly.
- Navigate to Admin > User Management > Users (you will need to be logged in as an administrator or the super admin to view this menu).
- Click on the edit (pencil) icon on the row for the user in the table.
- In the user details view you will see an assigned privileges table, click on the edit (pencil) icon.
- Select the user privilege(s) you wish to assign (or remove).
- Use the arrow buttons to move the user privileges from one table to the other.
- Click update when complete.
- Click update on the user record to save the changes and return to the users table.