System alerts check the status of reload tasks in Qlik Sense and provide early warning when things are not working as intended (failed reloads) or confirmation that things are on track (successful reloads).
You can set your alert to work off specific reload tasks or all reload tasks. If you use the all option then they will automatically cover any new reload tasks added to the QMC. So you never need to miss a failed reload.
HOW TO CREATE A SYSTEM ALERT
- Click My Alerts from the top menu bar
- Click on System Alerts at the top of the table to switch to the system alerts view and see a list of all the system alert records you own.
- Click the Create Alert button at the bottom of the table to create a new one
- Enter the Alert Name for your new alert record.
- In the Deliver To field choose one or multiple delivery channels you wish to receive the alert on. The default will be set as per your user preferences.
- Enter a Scan Until date. This will default to 30 days in the future if left blank. If you wish to have your alert run for the longer term then please enter a date much further in the future. You will receive a reminder to edit this date before it expires.
- Select the Reload Tasks that this alert will monitor. You can select one, multiple or all reload tasks.
NOTE: Use the search box to easily find your task as this list can be long. This list may also take a second or two to refresh if you have a large number of reload tasks as it is returning this list directly from Qlik Sense.
- Select the Event Trigger from one of the following
- Finished Successfully – Status 7 – When a reload task completes as expected.
- Finished Failed – status 8 – When a reload task has completed but the process has failed.
- Aborted Manually – status 6 – When the reload task has been aborted or is in the process of being aborted.
- Aborted By System – status 9, 10, 11, 12 – When the reload task has been stopped by the Qlik system without input from any user or admin.
- In Process For > n Hours n Minutes – status 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 – Identify when a task takes longer than a specified time to get an early warning of a possible failure or delay to reports being ready.
Introduced in version 2019.03.02)
NOTE: This section will not appear for all users as it is controlled by user privileges.
You can skip this section if you are only setting this alert up for yourself and do not wish to send a notification from this alert to any other users.
- There are two types of distribution options to select from:
- Broadcast Alerts
The scan of the data is completed once as the owner of the alert, the result is then shared to many.
- Managed Shared Alerts
The scan of the data is completed for each recipient individually so the data security for each user is respected.
- Broadcast Alerts
- Select the user group(s) and/or individual user(s) to whom the alert should be set up for. Add each set and the table will populate.
- The View Users button will bring up a table that will allow you to see the Ping subscription and Qlik license status of the users that have been selected to receive this alert. As the owner you will be able to re-subscribe users here in the actions column.
YOU’VE COMPLETED THE ALERT SETUP!
- Click Save to create the alert record and be returned to the My Alerts page.
List of reload task status Values in Qlik Sense
|Status Code||Status Label|