If you are upgrading TO
version 2019.03.xx then please
click here as the upgrade process has more steps. We recommend that you upgrade to version 2019.04 on.
NOTE: The following steps assume you are upgrading from
version 2019.03.xx to the latest version of 2019.04 or later.
If you plan to move your Ping Alerting install to a different server see
- Make a copy of your Qlik certificates from the
C:\Ping <version>\server\ConnectionAPI\qlikSenseEnigma\Certificatesfolder. Keep these in an easy to identify place as you will upload these into the new Ping install.
- Uninstall the existing Ping installation using the add or remove programs window from control panel.
- Delete the
- Check the services window to ensure the PingSetup service has been removed.
- Install the new version of Ping using the new installer.
- Check that the Ping services are running.
- Login to Ping.
- Validate the Qlik data connection:
- navigate using the top menu to Admin > Data Sources.
- edit the record by clicking on the pencil icon on the right.
- upload the certificates that you saved in step 1.
- check the Qlik Sense port settings as these could have the incorrect values, change these to the default Qlik settings (or those required for your Qlik Sense site):
- Qlik Sense Service Listen Port (HTTPS) is the HTTPS connection port for Qlik Sense. This will normally be the default value of 443 but if this has been customized you can change the value here. You can see if this and the following Qlik Ports have been customized in the QMC in the settings for the proxy you will be connection to.
- Qlik REST API Listen Port will default to 4243 as per the standard install of Qlik Sense.
- Qlik Repository Service API Listen Port will default to 4242 as per the standard install of Qlik Sense.
- Click on Test Connection to validate the connection.
- Click on Update when you have a successful response.
That’s it, you’ve completed the upgrade process.