Full Ping Uninstall
At some point you may need to do a complete uninstall of Ping on a server. This is a simple process and the steps below help you understand what is needed.
NOTE: Please ensure you have taken a backup of the Ping database before a clean uninstall if you intend to reinstall on this or another server.
STEPS TO FOLLOW TO DO A COMPLETE UNINSTALL OF PING.
- RDP onto the Ping server
- Go to Windows Add/Remove Programs and Uninstall Ping
- Go to the C:/ drive and delete the Ping <version> folder and sub directories
- Delete the Ping Database:
- Download and install Robo 3T (a GUI client for MongoDB fromerly called Robomongo) or open if already installed.
- Select the localhost:27017 connection or click create in the top left corner, follow all the default setup values to create the localhost connection, and then select this new connection.
- Click Connect.
- Identify the Ping database ‘pingalerting’ and right click this on the database name on the left under connection details and select ‘Drop Database’.
- Select OK to confirm
- Close Robo 3T
- Ping has now been fully uninstalled.
NOTE: if you have used the backup database option there will be a copy of the Ping alerting database with the name you specified in the list of databases.You can follow the steps above if you no longer need that database backup.