A user can share the alert they have created with another user. This creates a copy of their alert record which is then assigned to the recipient user whom, having accepted the alert, takes full control of the alert record.
Who can share an alert
User who are assigned the user privilege of ‘Share alerts’ will have access to the share alert functionality. Any user will be able to receive a shared alert.
How to share an alert record
1. navigate to the My Alerts view where your alerts are listed.
2. select the alert or alerts that you wish to share using the checkboxes on the left hand side.
3. click on the ‘Share Alert’ button to the bottom left of the My Alerts table
4. select one or more users individually or select one or more user groups
5. click on the share button
6. you will receive a confirmation box that the alert is shared
How to receive a shared alert record
1. navigate to the ‘My Suggestions’ view
2. you will see a list of suggestions which will include the shared alert records
3. click on ‘Accept’ if you want the copy of the alert record in your ‘My Alerts’ list.
4. you can now control the alert record, set the trigger and edit the details as you wish..